Menu Close
Search
Generic filters
Exact matches only
Filter by Custom Post Type

World Heritage

Groups | Macau Reception | To pick | Tour | Pure play | Classic travel | Day Tour

Ruins of St. Paul

The archway is the site of the front wall of the Church of the Mother of God (ie St. Paul's Church)


Senado Square

Local residents also known here as the "fountain"。Opening Senado Square has been the center of Macau,Both sides of the building was built in the late 19th and early 20th century。1993,The area before laying gravel ground black and white,Wavy pattern and piled,Bright colors set off around the heritage buildings,Embraced each other,The area before the show thick Southern European style


Rose Hall

I will (Dominicans) was founded in 1587 by the Santo,This will be the first church in China。At first church built with wood,Chinese called "Domingos temple."。Because the church dedicated to Our Lady of the Rose,It is also called "Rose Hall"。The whole building magnificent church,Its Baroque altar is more elegant and refined。Next to the church "sacred treasury," a collection of more than three hundred pieces of precious cultural relics Macao Catholicism


A-Ma Temple

Ma Temple Macau existing temple has the oldest temples in kind can test,Macao Heritage Central Plains building is preserved the longest。The temple includes a "first mountain" temple、Ching Buddhist temple、Hong Ren Temple、Guanyin Pavilion and other buildings。Early said Mother Ma Miu、Sea Goddess Temple or Abbey;After naming "Ma Temple",Chinese commonly known as "A-Ma Temple."


St. Lawrence's Church

Founded in the mid-16th century,Macau is one of the three ancient church。The current scale of the formation in 1846。Chinese call it "wind-Tong",There prayed meaning "good weather" of。Area where the old church is a noble residential area,So the church building also appears to be fantastic,Characterized by the appearance of the church is baroque classical style in Europe on the basis of


St Augustine's Church

Created by Spanish Augustinian monks in 1591。The original church building is very simple,Priests will Palmetto Leaves covered with a roof to block the wind and rain;Whenever the wind blows,Palmetto leaf will wind blowing,Chinese afar,This scene feel like asparagus erected,Said to the church as "asparagus temple."


Lobby (Cathedral)

The Church circa 1622 with the construction of concrete。The main altar space far-reaching,Simple design,Only to stained glass windows as background,Because buried beneath the altar of the 16th and 17th century bishop and saint remains,For the church unlimited glory


Neue Oya

VII house is located in Hall Lane,Macau prominent businessman Lu Huashao (Lujiu) family's old home。According to the patio between the house once left the cornice poem year display,About fifteen years the Qing dynasty (1889) completed。Lou Kau Mansion was made of thick brick two-storey building built in Chinese,It is a typical Chinese-style mansion,Guangdong is also gentle and delicate in residential architectural style typical of the late Qing Dynasty


Holy House of Mercy

Holy House of Mercy was founded in 1569 by the first bishop of Macau Jani Road,Responsible for charity work,Hence the name "Holy House of Mercy."。After the establishment,Holy House of Mercy opened China's first Western-style hospital Whitehorse hospital row,And set foundling、Leprosy hospital、Nursing home、Orphanages and other institutions。Holy House of Mercy built in the mid-18th century,1905 to form what it is today,With neoclassical architectural style


Fortress

Fortress was founded in 1617,To 1626 completed,Fort called St. Paul,Macao residents called "Fortress"。Fort area of ​​about 10,000 square meters,Irregular quadrilateral,Macau was the core of the defense system,Constitute a large fire covering the East and West coasts of the defense network


St. Anthony's Church

Built between about 1558 to 1560 years,Macau is one of the three ancient churches。Most of the early church experience Macau baptism of fire,St. Anthony's Church is no exception,Today we see the church was rebuilt in 1930 after the scale。Portuguese wedding held here and more,Therefore, the Chinese called it "Kao Tong"


Orient Foundation venue

Built in the 1770s,Portugal is the site of royal Francisco Xavier Pereira (Manuel Perreira) villa。The building may be Macao's first luxury residential villa-style garden。It was converted into the James Museum after the 1960s,Now the site of the Oriental Foundation


Christian Cemetery

The provision in 1821,Formerly known as the East India Company Cemetery,Macao's first Protestant Cemetery。Morrison chapel in the cemetery,Macao's first Christian missionary to the。Modeling imitation of Roman architectural style,Is a typical example of early Christian Protestant church in Macau


Guia Fortress (including Guia Lighthouse and house of Our Lady of Snow church)

Guia Fortress (built in 1622) located at the summit of the highest peak in Guia Macau Peninsula Mountain,Overlooking the entire peninsula,Built a small church on the fort and lighthouse。Guia lighthouse (built in 1864) is China's first modern lighthouse coast,In its ground position of the coordinate values ​​is also in Macau geographic positioning on the world map


Port Authority Building

Built in 1874,Formerly known as Moore Barracks,Commonly known as the Navy plant,Kasu Du by an Italian (Cassuto) Design,Was from India to Macao police camp,Available in more than two hundred soldiers。Water is now the Maritime and office buildings


Before Lilau ground

Lilau in Portuguese means "spring" (lilau),Here used to be the main source of water in Macau,And proximity to the Inner Harbor,Portuguese is one of the earliest settlements in Macao。Macau Portuguese folk say ︰ old women drank well water,Forget Macao;Either married in Macau,Either do away again


Teiie Oya

Mandarin's House was built in about 1869 years ago,Is a famous modern Chinese thinker Zheng Guanying Former Residence,It is a courtyard-style mansion。Although the main building shapes to build China,But they all reflect the combination of Chinese and Western specialties,Chinese architecture practices mainly in the roof、Structural beams、Inner court in a variety of window,There are times rope doors;But by the Western or foreign influence is confirmed in some of the processing chamber ceiling、Lintel window lintel style、Cornice line,And outer walls plastering


St. Joseph's Seminary and Church

St. Joseph's Seminary in 1728 founded by Jesuits,In two hundred years of educational process,Church seminary has trained many people in China and around Southeast Asia,Macau is known as the older generation of Catholic Macao "Shaolin Temple"。And the adjoining convent of St. Joseph's Seminary church was completed in 1758,Locals call it the "three bar, Aberdeen",Has a Baroque style features


Ho Tung Library Building

Was built in 1894 (Qing dynasty two decades) ago,Crown also the original owner Mrs. (D. With Carolina)。Hong Kong businessman Sir Robert Ho Tung purchased the building in 1918,As the summer heat of the summer villa in Macau。After the death of,Followed by people under the will of his lifetime,The building donated to the Macau government for the setting up of a Public Library。The library was officially opened to the public in 1958


IACM Building (now the municipal Department Tower)

IACM Building (now the municipal Department Tower), formerly known as City Hall,Built in 1784,Has repeatedly rebuilt after,The current scale is forming rebuilt in 1874,Southern Europe has a significant architectural features。On the second floor of the library opened in 1929,Ma Fula to Portuguese monastery library (Biblioteca do Convento de Mafra) for the design blueprint,Decor and furnishings with a strong classical gas


St. Augustine's Square

St. Augustine's Square ancient name Mopanshan,Although much of the lot,But Ziranhuanjing quiet and elegant,Humanities and religion blend of landscape,There St Augustine's famous buildings church、Dom Pedro V Theater、St. Joseph's Seminary、Ho Tung Library, etc.,Together with the wave pattern gravel-paved road,Exudes a strong European flavor


Dom Pedro V Theater

Formerly known as Dom Pedro V Theater,Built in 1860,But was only completed the main part,To 1873 before adding built with neoclassical architectural features of the facade。It is China's first Western-style theater,For theater and concert purposes,Place is also the year the Portuguese Communities held important events


Third Street Hall (Temple)

Hall of Third Street location was originally the old downtown Macau's prosperity "Rong Fang Ning",Therefore, in front of the Shrine that are still engraved Wing Ning social words,And there is joint cloud "Rongju Kang Yue territory,Rather enjoy the peace years "。When Hall located just beginning businessman Procedure places,Later, because the museum Emperor Temple and set about wealth god temple,Worship on the public,The main function hall of the temple become


Nezha Temple

Located on the rear right side of the Ruins of St. Paul,Founded in 1888,Rebuilt in 1901,The temple dedicated to Rebels。Nezha Temple in comparison with the surrounding architecture,Like an architectural pieces,It does not and the old city wall and the Ruins of St. Paul competition thick and majestic pier,But by simple decorative material in a different way comparing the actual situation,Reflect its lightweight and unique image


Old City Walls

Portuguese ramparts built in Macau,Can be traced back to the Ming Dynasty Longqing three years (1569)。Macau was visible from the city map,In addition to the entire city of Macau to Hong Kong outside the inner west,Northern part、Eastern and southern walls were built,Yu Zhu and build the fortress at Fort,The Macao became a military-guarded castle。Existing Old City Walls,It was built in part


 

Open chat
1
Hello there! How can I help you
Hi! How can I help you